You may think twice about buying foreign products after reading the top 10 reasons why you should buy American made products.
1. Creates Jobs
Each manufacturing job creates approximately 5 additional jobs such as positions in accounting, technical support, sales, and marketing.
2. Helps keep the American Economy Growing
Profit earned from orders shipped abroad are rarely advantageous to our economy. Buying American-made products recycles our dollars back into our economy.
3. Reduces Carbon Footprint
Domestic products have to travel a lesser distance to get to their final destination. Also, many products that are produced in other countries are manufactured using dangerous, heavily polluting processes and chemicals.
4. Generates Safer Products
Made in America items are usually tested and inspected for safety standards set by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
5. Encourages Patriotism
When you purchase domestically, you are helping keep yourself employed as well as other Americans.
6. Makes Higher Quality Products
In order to lower prices, many overseas companies sacrifice quality.
7. Avoids Supporting Grave Working Conditions-from low wages to child labor, foreign countries have relaxed laws concerning ethical working conditions.
8. Supports Future Generations-relevant jobs will be difficult to find once US manufacturing is out of sight.
9. Strengthens our Communities-supporting local shops helps promote the work of local craftsmen and small business owners. Buying locally helps reinvest profits in the community.
10. Makes You Feel Good!
What other reasons would you add to the list? What is your favorite “made in America” product?